I survived!

Medical check-up. Yesssh…

I know it’s for my own good. I should be thankful that our company insists ALL existing staff to undergo one, fully sponsored of course. But somehow, 'gratitude' suddenly disappeared from my vocabulary for a while… (~_~)

My doom’s day aka medical check-up was this morning. It’s finally over! *yay!* I obviously survived (as I am still able to blog haha!)… but not without some shocking moment *doh!*

Hospitals, even SMC (Sabah Medical Centre) which is fortunately designed to look more like an exclusive hotel, did not dim the crystal clear image of NEEDLE in my head. In my book, hospitals or medical centres are equivalent to syringes+dreadful pain. The last time I had my blood siphoned out was like eons ago… I believe I’m allergic to needle… Mannnn… Just the thought gives me the heebie-jeebies…

The nice professional nurse who guided me about resembled a nice air-hostess or a hotel PR. She seems younger than me… and it was this assumption that sort of forced me to buck-up and pretend to be cool and collected. *har!* I got my pride lar… But this false bravado wavered as another nurse took out the invasive device to take my blood.


(See picture... my war wound... taken as I was waiting for my turn at the x-ray room. Bored bah me kunun)

Relax. Ouch! Relax… a little bit more… hurry-up… and yay! The worse of it was over…

or so I thought…

The last procedure I had to undergo was ECG (electrocardiogram – a graphic produced by an electrocardiograph, which records the
electrical activity of the heart over time). I was totally unprepared for this one…

“You need to take off your shirt and bra for this procedure,” the nice professional young nurse said.

OMiGosh!!

In glaring white light (I had to garner all my dignity to stop from blushing or being prudish-like) and lay down there with my top bare… she pasted some plaster-clippers and attach several wires on my chest, wrists and ankles. It was probably just 4-5 minutes, but it felt like ages, what with just laying down there while the nurse played with the ECG machine…


Her lil’ Frankenstein... that's me (~_~)

Dang! I wasted my bosom buddies on a nurse!


The nice professional nurse had the grand privilege of being the first adult to view my bosom buddies (since I last exposed myself to an adult back at the age of 5 or 6).

So
my good advice to my other unmarried colleagues… if you don’t wanna waste your cute bosom buddies on a nurse, no matter how nice and professional… hurry up and snag yourself a bf. *LOL*

I should be more prepared for my next med check-up… hope it’ll be a long-long-long time to come. But now…. Crossing my fingers that the result will find me in good health, if not perfect hmmmmmmmmmmmmm…

posted @ 8.4.08,

12 Comments:

At April 9, 2008 at 9:00 AM, Blogger seventh said...

got any photos taken when you were undergo ECG test?? :P

 
At April 9, 2008 at 5:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMGosh! MOGosh! OMGosh! My medical check up is on the 23rd! OMGosh! OMGosh! OMGosh! *running around office* o_0"

 
At April 9, 2008 at 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey sweetheart! who wants to see that hand of yours man? where is the ECG snap that you took? i heard that you took a good one and u are planning to frame it gold and hang it in your room. come on let us have a peek into it!
tweety muttley

 
At April 10, 2008 at 7:48 AM, Blogger seventh said...

hahahahhaha. come on. show us your ecg photos. it is worth a million coz you're going to frame it!
i wouldn't mind if you photoshop little bit. at least we have a peek into it.

 
At April 10, 2008 at 8:45 AM, Blogger FloDawn said...

Fara/Aya: Y'know, the others I asked said the nurse 'taking care' of them actually placed a blanky on their chest... so dun feel so exposed lar... Maybe the nurse wif me 'liked' wat she saw hahahahar!

To Seventh & TweetyMutt; Hmmmm you guys gotta PAY to see the 'pic in gold frame' lar... mana boleh free-free (^_^)

 
At April 10, 2008 at 8:52 AM, Blogger seventh said...

Not fair! PAY? what's the deal?

 
At April 10, 2008 at 10:39 AM, Blogger Tweety Muttley said...

Pay?? i think it is worth the try!! What's the deal? don 4get when u make deal with tweety muttley u really are in for a deal of a lifetime!
let us know the payment caption for this golden view!
tweety muttley

 
At April 11, 2008 at 7:36 AM, Blogger seventh said...

halo?? halo?? come on. Let's play the game. It's fair enough you're asking us to pay and we're up to it. Bring it on!

 
At April 11, 2008 at 8:08 AM, Blogger FloDawn said...

TweetyMutt & Seventh; Wow u guys are really interested to see the gold framed pic huh hmmm... problem is, the pic is PRICELESS... that's how valuable it is hahahar!

 
At April 11, 2008 at 8:51 AM, Blogger seventh said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At April 11, 2008 at 9:40 PM, Blogger coolingstar9 said...

Hi,
I am coolingstar9, Regular medical check up is good to know how well our body is.
Happy to know that you ok.
Have a nice day.

 
At April 22, 2008 at 9:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

flo...i did that ecg last dec. nvr knew we hv to be topless!! me so malu coz the room was cold n my nipple naik...buduh ohhh...sure the nurse think im a lesbo hahhaha....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home







ss_blog_claim=73578a63cbd90553810555a07de35b54