Thanks for dropping by!


Movie - The Spirit

There's a score of movies I wanted to watch playing in our cinema now;
1) Bedtime Stories (fantasy story - I likey!)
2) The Day the Earth stood still (Sci-fi... not bad)
3) Australia (Epic... got Nicole Kidman & Wolverine)

But as me and friends reached the cinema last Sunday, just 10mins before 10pm... the closest movie about to play and available was "The Spirit".

A scene from the movie... Eva Mendes as Sand Serif and Gabriel Macht as yummy looking The Spirit.

I only know that this movie is another comic book adaptation, a hero created by a Will Eisner. I also know Eva Mendes, Scarlet Johansson and Samuel L. Jackson were acting in it too... Hmmm from the cast alone I imagine it to be a great movie, though I wasn't so keen on the synopsis.
As we were more not keen to wait for the next playing movie (almost an hour gap...), we thought to give "The Spirit" a go.

My take;
(For the synopsis, you can read about it here)
From the word GO! the movie gave out the feeling of a comic strip coming to life...
Although I must say the guy (Gabriel Macht) who acted as The Spirit/Denny Colt was undeniably VERY good looking... and Samuel L. Jackson was a riot as the hero's nemesis, Octopus... and the bevy of supporting ladies were all eye candies... Hmmm somehow I feel the whole package was missing something.
The sequence was fine, the back story was ample enough to get people like me who has never heard of this comic hero to get to know him and the people around him better, and the story on how The Spirit became who he is was also explained thoroughly. All my questions answered here...
Still I found the whole package to be a tad slow and boring in some places... Maybe it's just not my kind of movie. And some of my friends who were with me then even confessed to dozing off!

Hmmm so overall, I give this one 2.5/5 stars rating.

(Kadazanmonk; the xmas photos are still with Chrissie... will only be able to share it laaater)

posted @ 30.12.08,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home







ss_blog_claim=73578a63cbd90553810555a07de35b54