Husky voice...

I got husky voice now...
Got sore throat mmmmmm... *poor me* :(
My tonsil and uvula area felt real uncomfortable yesterday... Like grains of sand were glued to the back of my throat! And just as m
y whole tongue and back throat started to go numb, my supply of Difflam ran out...
With no pharmacy nearby (lazy to drive all the way anyway), I remembered the 'iklan' Strepsils where it is indicated that if one feels like the uvula has turned into a sawing machine, sucking Strepsils can blunt the edges and ultimately restore the uvula to health! Ta-da!
Luckily the supermarket next door to our office have the lozenges.
After reading the labels of various Strepsils flavour, I decided the Blackcurrant Strepsils was the most suitable as it has a numbing effect to relieve sore throat...
And boy, did it numb my tongue! Same effect as Difflam...
Food suddenly tasted like paper and my appetite gone off to a brief vacation.
But alas, even with no appetite and a numb tongue... I feel bloated and buncit... *sigh*

So what's the point of this entry you ask me?
Saja I want to rant and rave about having a dratted sore throat... :-L
Anyone else with the same malady?
What you guys taking to relieve the scratchy feeling?
Anyway, I do hope you guys are in tip-top health... I'm blaming it all on this miserable weather we're having these pass weeks :-w
Meanwhile... looks like I have to talk less (cos' it hurts to speak out loud!) like this cute monkey hehe... MySpace

posted @ 21.10.08,

6 Comments:

At October 21, 2008 at 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Story-Mory ~~ I for one hate to be sick so as soon as I get the sniffles, I would pop a flu pill that night and the next day I'm cured... For the sore throat, in early stages, I drink loads of warm water and I gargle with salt-water a few times a day - NO COLD STUFF mind you... And if nothing works and I get a headache or fever, I go to the good ol' doc for medicine. That's what medical benefit and MC is for, dearie!

 
At October 21, 2008 at 10:37 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

best medicine for this, drink alot of ice water...heheehehe

 
At October 21, 2008 at 12:59 PM, Blogger Nessa said...

Hmmm, a sore throat sure makes the voice sounds sexier... hehe

Anyway, I'd normally take a few spoonful of 'King To Nin Jiom Pei Pa Koa' or Ubat Batuk Cap Ibu & Anak. Manis like crazy but it works for me, make sure you drink it as it is, no water to swallow the thick syrupy medicine.

If possible, try not to talk, pakai sign language so as not to aggravate the sore throat. Get well soon :)

 
At October 21, 2008 at 2:19 PM, Blogger Agnes CF Lee said...

I was about to get a bad cough but luckily I was in time to try out the bee pollen & bee propolis capsule which I bought for my girls. It works. hope you are well now.

 
At October 22, 2008 at 9:39 AM, Blogger FloDawn said...

Hewo Sindut;
I was suppose to try gurgling warm salt water this morning but i forgot... Hope I remember to do so 2moro hehe... Still croaking dis... :(

Hi Zayed;
Now yours is a controversial advise hehe! Drink cold water indeed... mmm tell u wat, my tongue was so numb from the lozenges and my throat so hot from sipping hot soup yesterday I was tempted to be naughty... I ate ice-cream! Well it soothed my throat & tongue tho ;-P

Hiya Nessa;
I am trying the 'cap ibu & anak' now... taking it as it is hehe... trus the phlegm mau kluar huhuhuhu!

Hullo Agnes C;
Mmmmm I'm a bad patient, so still croaking dis... :(

 
At October 23, 2008 at 12:10 AM, Blogger CJane said...

Husky voice sexy ma.. hahaha. Get well soon, Flo! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home







ss_blog_claim=73578a63cbd90553810555a07de35b54