Cash Rebates for Fuel Subsidy

My aunt SG and a friend gloated to told me that after suffering through long queues in the post office, they’ve manage to be RM625.00 richer after successfully claiming their fuel subsidy as promised by our gov.

“Must fill a form first,” they say…
“Got two phase… not everyone eligible to claim now,”
And I suddenly felt so ignorant despite all the hypes about the subsidy in the papers and tv news.


Feeling the need to know more, I read up the subsidy info in PMB website, and feeling much better informed now... here's to share to those of you who are sort of ignorant in the same boat as me.
This is the main info I was looking for…

INFORMATION ON CASH REBATES FOR
FUEL SUBSIDY

As announced by the Government, Pos Malaysia
Berhad (PMB) has been appointed as the source for disbursement of the Cash Rebates to eligible private vehicle owners. The implementation will be done in two phases :
  • For Phase I of the implementation, eligible Malaysians
    whose road tax were purchased or renewed with effective date from 1 April 2008 until 31 May 2008 can start to claim the subsidy at 683 post offices countrywide from 14 June 2008 (Saturday) until 31 March 2009.

  • For Phase II of the implementation, vehicle owners who have purchased or renewed their road tax from 1 June 2008 until 31 March 2009, can commence their Cash Rebate claims at post offices from 1 July 2008 (Tuesday) onwards.
For more detailed info, click on the image below to visit the PMB's homepage. Look for the Update info on the bottom right wing corner of the page. A link to download the 'Cash Rebates Form Claim' is also available there (so can fill up the form before queuing up hehe).

My road tax only due to be renewed in October… Means I’m in the Phase II batch lar… I can only claim from 1st July onward. So I can relax now and hope when it’s around my turn to claim, not many people rushing to the post office kan… everyone take it easy and procrastinate (my fav word lately hmm). Hah! I wish kan hehe…

Any of you sudah claim ka?

I think this image is very much the case when filling up for fuel nowadays…

posted @ 19.6.08,

1 Comments:

At June 24, 2008 at 7:53 PM, Blogger John Harding said...

Flo, i went to claim mine last Saturday. Actually i didnt plan to go because i heard that the post office were full for the previous week. Since my car is not eligible (roadtax renewed in January), i dont think its worth it to stand for the long Q to get claim for my RM150 (motorbike) BUT.. luckiy me.. nobody was there. I only filled in the form, went straight to the counter..whollaaa...RM150 richer...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home







ss_blog_claim=73578a63cbd90553810555a07de35b54